When we collect personal information from you on our website, we follow privacy principles. These are our promises to you:
1. Notice: GradeSmart only collects your personal information to provide you with the features you request such as test grading and analytics. When we collect your personal information, we’ll always give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we’re collecting and how we’ll use it.
2. Tests and Grades: GradeSmart does not and will never release teacher's tests or student's grades to any third party.
3. Email and Messaging: GradeSmart emails users about matters directly related to their GradeSmart account such as: email verification, lost log in information, or account related notifications. GradeSmart may also send a monthly newsletter, for which you may opt-out at any time.
4. Choice and Sharing: We give you choices about the ways we use your personal information, and we respect the choices you make. GradeSmart will never release any of our users' personal information to third parties.
5. Relevance: We collect only as much personal information as we need for specific, identified purposes, and we won’t use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent.
6. Retention: We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it, or as permitted by law.
7. Access: We provide ways for you to access and archive your personal information, so you can correct inaccuracies.
9. Security: We take appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction. unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. GradeSmart takes extreme precautions to ensure that our systems are secure.
10. Enforcement: We regularly review how we’re meeting these privacy promises, and we provide support to resolve complaints.
Last updated: December 13, 2014